So you’re considering picking out new flooring for your kitchen renovation project, or maybe you’re just wondering what benefits your current flooring has, if any. Either way, it’s helpful to know the pros and cons of different common flooring materials utilized in kitchens. Here are just a few of the most common flooring types and what you ought to know about them if you’re looking into implementing new flooring when you schedule your kitchen remodeling project in Bucks County. [Read more…]
Our kitchens tend to accumulate so much clutter despite perhaps being one of the most important rooms in the house to keep space-efficient. Those of us with smaller sized kitchens especially have to struggle with having enough room for our appliances and keeping enough counter space to keep cooking from being way more of a hassle than it ought to be. If investing in professional kitchen remodeling in Bucks County is a near-future goal you’re considering, then here are a few practical design ideas to keep in mind to get the most out of your kitchen space. [Read more…]
A mold infestation is perhaps one of the worst situations to deal with in a bathroom. It can be difficult to get rid of and hard to detect, and we often don’t notice the hazardous problem until it’s already gotten out of hand. The best way to deal with bathroom mold is to take preventative measures to stop it from even happening in the first place, and with vigilance and diligence, it’s very possible to never have to have a figurative and literal headache addressing a mold problem. [Read more…]
When deciding on a kitchen remodel, one of the most crucial decisions you must make is what kitchen style you are looking for. Although there are many styles from which to choose, they all derive from two basic roots: classic and modern. When we think of classic designs, we usually think of things that will never go out of style, while modern designs evoke a contemporary aesthetic that is style and art. Think of these two design schemes as the paintings of da Vinci and Picasso, respectively – both painters produced beautiful artwork, and their styles continue to be imitated today, but da Vinci used the classical style, while Picasso worked with bolder colors and more abstract conceptualizations. [Read more…]
When it comes to choosing a home remodeling company, we at FINE Cabinetry Kitchen & Bath Co. know how selective homeowners have to be. Choosing the right team for your project can mean the difference between a job well done and a dangerous situation for both your home and your family members. When you need a remodeling project completed in your household, make sure you look for these three essential company characteristics.
- Before and after photos. Any company can claim to be able to make you the perfect set of cabinets or to redesign your bathroom. But not every company has the proof they need to back up their claims. Look for a remodeling company that has a comprehensive set of before and after photos before you schedule an appointment.
- Free consultations. No one likes to spend more money than they have to! When you compare remodeling companies, look for service providers who offer free in-home consultations. Free, no-obligation consultations allow you to compare more companies by collecting more quotes. They also help you to avoid feeling pressured to hire a company that might not be right for the job because you’ve already put a deposit down.
- Open lines of communication. You should only work with companies that make communication easy and available. Look for a company that offers at least two contact methods. Open lines of communication will help you get your project completed sooner and will clear up any questions you have before your project begins.
Are you ready to fall back in love with your home? The team of kitchen and bathroom remodelers working with FINE Cabinetry Kitchen & Bath Co. are here to help you unlock all the upgrades you’ve been dreaming about! Contact us today to learn more or get started!
If you’re looking to refinance your mortgage loan, you’ll want to make sure you get the highest value at your appraisal. Your refinance lender will require you to get an appraisal to make sure that they aren’t loaning you more money than you can afford. If your appraisal comes back too low, you may not qualify. Luckily, there are a few ways you can maximize your home’s value before your appraiser arrives. Use our tips to help your appraiser see the true value of your home!
- Declutter. Your appraiser won’t deduct value from your home if you have a few toys lying around or you forgot to do the dishes last night. However, when your space is free from clutter, it makes your home feel larger and less cramped. This can subconsciously impact your appraiser’s view of your home. The night before your appraisal, make sure your countertops are clear of appliances, all clothing is put away in the bedrooms, and all your possessions are in their proper places.
- Make a list of upgrades. Permanent upgrades you’ve made to your home increase your home’s value. However, it can be hard for an appraiser to spot a new dishwasher or set of cabinets if he or she doesn’t know to look for it. Compile a list of upgrades you’ve made and present it to your appraiser before the tour begins. Only include permanent upgrades you can’t take with you, and leave out anything you plan to bring along if you move or aesthetic choices. For example, a complete bathroom renovation in Bucks County, PA, will improve your home value, while simply painting the bathroom walls and hanging a mirror will not.
- Remove odors. Much of our memory is connected to scent. If your home has lingering odors, it may subconsciously influence your appraiser’s feelings about your home. Keep pets in their carriers or crates during the appraisal, take out the trash, and light a few scented candles before your appraiser arrives to minimize odors.
Does your bathroom feel worn down or out-of-date? Our bathroom remodelers in Bucks County can help! Give us a call today to learn more or get started!
If you’re thinking about ordering a complete bathroom renovation in Bucks County, PA, one of the first things you might want to replace is the bathtub. Bathtubs can collect mold and mildew easily, which leads most people away from using them. But did you know that soaking in a hot bath can actually be good for your health? Here are 5 reasons why you should take a bath on your next day off. [Read more…]
If you have a lot of clutter hanging around your home, it can be easy to feel like you’re constantly stressed out. Now that fall is just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to take a look at your space and make a plan to clear out your clutter. Use these five tips to reduce the clutter in your own space. [Read more…]
FINE Cabinetry Kitchen & Bath Co. has been providing beautiful bathroom and kitchen renovations to the Bucks County area for over 60 years. We take pride in helping homeowners bring their design dreams to life and strive to continue this success. FINE Cabinetry Kitchen & Bath Co. recognizes the money, time, and patience it requires to accomplish a remodel. [Read more…]
Millennials are no longer kids and teenagers! The generation of 92 million millennials is now making strides in their careers and starting families of their very own. That means that before you know it, millennials will be dominating the real estate market. As a generation of digital natives, millennials love to research and plan before they make any major purchase — and you can bet they won’t settle for just any old home. [Read more…]