If you’re thinking about ordering a complete bathroom renovation in Bucks County, PA, one of the first things you might want to replace is the bathtub. Bathtubs can collect mold and mildew easily, which leads most people away from using them. But did you know that soaking in a hot bath can actually be good for your health? Here are 5 reasons why you should take a bath on your next day off.
- They can help you sleep better. Do you have trouble sleeping at night? The secret to better sleep might be soaking in a warm bath! Taking a bath raises your body temperature and triggers melatonin production, which can help you fall asleep faster.
- Baths improve your mood. We all know that soaking in a warm bath is relaxing—but did you know that those good feelings might stick around after you’ve dried off? According to psychologist Neil Morris, bathing regularly can help reduce feelings of stress and pessimism over time.
- Baths can relieve muscle pain. Heat improves blood circulation, which can help your muscles recover faster after an injury. If you’re an athlete, soaking in a warm bath with Epsom salts once a week can help keep you on top of your game!
- Bathing can reduce cold and flu symptoms. Are you feeling a little stuffed up? Try drawing yourself a hot bath! Steam from a hot bath can clear stuffy noses, and it can also help improve headaches and throat congestion as well!
- They can soothe irritated skin. A warm bath (especially one with oils or softener) can improve your skin condition and ease irritation. Just make sure that the water isn’t too hot—scalding water can make your skin feel worse.
Is your bathtub looking a little worn down? The team of bathroom remodelers in Bucks County from FINE Cabinetry Kitchen & Bath Co. can make your tub shine again! Give our team a call today to learn more or get started!